We understand that when accessing our website or interacting with us online, the privacy and confidentiality of personal information is important to our customers. That's why we are committed to safeguarding the personal and financial details you provide us.
The following explains what information we gather from you when you go to our website, how we use that information and how you can contact us for more information.
The information we collect
Each time someone visits our site, our web server collects the following types of information:
No attempts are made to identify anyone browsing our site. The data is captured so that we can accurately evaluate the quality of our content and make improvements for you.
- The number of users who visit
- The date and time of visits
- The number of pages viewed
- How users navigate through the site
How we capture information
We use technology called cookies when you visit our site. Cookies are small pieces of information which can be stored on your hard drive (persistent cookies) or in memory (session cookies). They can record information about your visit to the site, allowing it to remember you next time you visit and provide a more meaningful experience.
We use two types of cookies:
We may also allow third parties to collect statistical data from our site using their persistent cookies. However these cookies do not capture information that can personally identify you. They are simply used to evaluate and measure the effectiveness of our marketing (eg banner ads).
- Persistent cookies - identify pages accessed and provide personalised features, for example choosing which page you would like to make your start page. They are used to help us develop the design and layout of the web site, improve applications, and measure their effectiveness
- Session cookies - are used for security reasons as part of the customer identification process, for example with Internet Banking. These cookies allow you to be recognised once you have signed in and provide you with your confidential account information. They also keep track of time spent on a page, so that if a session in Internet Banking remains inactive for seven minutes or longer it will automatically be terminated for your protection. We also use these types of cookies in multi page forms, to help the site remember what you do from one page to the next
How we use your information
The type of information we collect from you will depend on what online services you use. Details can be found in the terms and conditions of our products and services.
When applying for our products or services online we may request personal information such as your name and address, bank account details, email address and contact phone numbers. We also tell you how we use the personal information we collect, who we give access to that information and how you can access it, if we have retained it.
Sometimes we use third parties to run online competitions or promotions. They may require your name and email address to meet Lottery and Gaming regulations and make you eligible for entry. However, we retain ownership of this information and require that all records be deleted from the third party's database.
If you are registered for Internet Banking , we may use your email address to advise you of any upgrades or changes to these services.
We may also use your email address to send regular communications about financial information which you have told us you are interested in.
Securing your information
When we capture your personal information it is passed through our secure server using encryption technology which scrambles the information to ensure it is protected over the Internet.
Stored information about you is further protected from unauthorised access through the use of multiple firewalls*, secure passwords and sign in processes.
If you feel that we have not lived up to our online privacy commitments or you have any queries relating to our policies, please:
|Call us:||322 0888|
|Write to us:||Westpac Bank - PNG – Limited|
PO Box 706
Port Moresby, NCD
PAPUA NEW GUINEA.
|Visit us:||Come and see us at any of our branches.|
Our objective is to respond within our service standard of five working days.
As we plan to keep our statement on privacy current, this information can be subject to change. Please return periodically to review the latest on Internet privacy.